This easy dinner recipe is perfect for weeknights – full of protein, packed with the yummiest of greens, and ready in less than 30 minutes. Chicken thighs, green beans, and a snap pea amandine (even the word sounds delicious!).
Chicken with Green Beans, yum! But, what’s an Amandine?
Amandine is French culinary term used to describe adding almonds to a dish, usually as a garnish. The almonds can be whole, chopped, or sliced (like in this recipe).
It’s a fantastic little addition to this recipe that adds a little extra crunch alongside its wonderfully nutty flavour to the vegetables.
(In the US, this is sometimes spelled “almondine”.)
What is GoodFood Canada?
Recently, I’ve been trying out Goodfood Canada, a weekly grocery subscription service here in Canada. Once a week, they’ll deliver all the ingredients I need to make a number of recipes (which I choose from their website) each week. I cook them over the week and get to save the time I’d use on going to buy groceries.
I know what you’re thinking. It’s probably the same two questions everyone asks me the moment they hear I use Goodfood Canada.
Me, bestie. Me. Between my day job in Toronto’s financial district, and working on Chocolates & Chai in the evenings, I essentially maintain two jobs. It’s not the same routine every day (and there are certainly days when I do a lot less), but most of my days involve me working 12+ hours.
Honestly, it’s convenient. I’m constantly testing and developing recipes (this is a process that takes a lot longer than most people realise!), so to be able to just switch my brain off and choose some of my dinners for the week from a pre-set online menu, and then have the ingredients delivered to my door is a godsend! (Oh, and it’s a bonus that it’s mostly healthy too!)
This Chicken with Green Beans, Sugar Snap Peas, and Cherry Tomatoes recipe is an adaptation of something similar I received in a GoodFood box some months back.
If you like the sound of this recipe, you’ll probably also enjoy:
- Easy Filipino Chicken Adobo
- Chicken with Cumin, Tahini, Lemon & Burnt Onions
- Chili Con Carne
- Kale Chips
The link below is an affiliate link. This means that if you choose to purchase using them, I will receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. And that would be so very lovely of you. Thank you.
Since we’re talking about ways I’ve found to save myself a little time each week, let me tell you about one of my favourites. This was honestly, a decision I sat on for a long time because the cost is significant. But once I made up my mind and went through with the purchase, it’s been nothing short of lifechanging. I bought a Roomba.
His name is Mr. Cogsworth, and he’s programmed to clean up while I’m at work during the day. Being able to come home to a vacuumed flat everyday is actually wonderful.
Of course, I’d be amiss if I didn’t provide a referral link for you to use to join Goodfood Canada. Depending on the time of year, and any promotion the company may be running, you may receive some free meals for signing up with my referral code. (At the time of writing this post, anyone who uses the link above will receive a $40 credit.)
(I have no formal affiliation with Goodfood Canada, aside from being a customer. The referral link above is a referral programme available to all customers.)
Now, it’s your turn – tell me what you do to save time during the week. Are you part of a meal subscription service? Do you have infinite amounts of free time? And if you have any tips, I’m all ears!
This easy dinner recipe is perfect for weeknights – full of protein, packed with the yummiest of greens, and ready in less than 30 minutes. Chicken thighs, green beans, and a snap pea amandine, it even sounds delicious!
- 6 chicken thighs
- ¾ cup green beans, trimmed
- ¾ cup sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- ¼ cup onions, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup almonds, sliced
- ½ tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp of ‘spice blend’
- 2 tsp basil
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground onion
- 1 tsp rosemary
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- In a large nonstick pan, heat a drizzle of oil on medium high.
- Season chicken with half the spice blend. Add salt/pepper to taste. Cook in pan, partially covered for 4-6 minutes per side until cooked through. Set aside.
- Add tomatoes to the pan, and season with remaining spice blend. Cook until they begin to burst (3-5 minutes) and remove all and set aside.
- Toast the almonds by adding them to a dry pan over medium heat, stir occasionally for 3-5 minutes until lightly browned and fragrant. Remove and set aside.
- In the (now empty) dry pan, heat a drizzle of oil on medium-high, add garlic and onions. Cook, stirring frequently until the onions become translucent; 1-2 minutes. Add green beans, sugar snap peas, and half the balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook (stirring frequently), 4-5 minutes until cooked through, but still crisp.
- Add the toasted almonds, and toss to combine.
Divide chicken and vegetables on between plates to serve, and enjoy!
- Category: Lunch & Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Chicken thighs, green beans, snap peas, amandine, cherry tomatoes