This easy dinner recipe is perfect for weeknights – full of protein, packed with the yummiest of greens, and ready in less than 30 minutes. Chicken thighs, green beans, and a snap pea amandine, it even sounds delicious!
- 6 chicken thighs
- ¾ cup green beans, trimmed
- ¾ cup sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- ¼ cup onions, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup almonds, sliced
- ½ tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp of ‘spice blend’
- 2 tsp basil
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground onion
- 1 tsp rosemary
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- In a large nonstick pan, heat a drizzle of oil on medium high.
- Season chicken with half the spice blend. Add salt/pepper to taste. Cook in pan, partially covered for 4-6 minutes per side until cooked through. Set aside.
- Add tomatoes to the pan, and season with remaining spice blend. Cook until they begin to burst (3-5 minutes) and remove all and set aside.
- Toast the almonds by adding them to a dry pan over medium heat, stir occasionally for 3-5 minutes until lightly browned and fragrant. Remove and set aside.
- In the (now empty) dry pan, heat a drizzle of oil on medium-high, add garlic and onions. Cook, stirring frequently until the onions become translucent; 1-2 minutes. Add green beans, sugar snap peas, and half the balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook (stirring frequently), 4-5 minutes until cooked through, but still crisp.
- Add the toasted almonds, and toss to combine.
Divide chicken and vegetables on between plates to serve, and enjoy!
- Category: Lunch & Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Chicken thighs, green beans, snap peas, amandine, cherry tomatoes