Easy peasy. That’s what this recipe is. Easy. Peasy. Lemon squeezy. Or rather lime squeezy. We’re going to grill up some spiced pineapples and pair them with a delicious homemade dulce de leche recipe.
There’s really not much to say here, bestie! This super easy dulce de leche recipe uses a classic method to make a dulce de leche sauce, and pairs it with grilled pineapples that have been spiced with lime, honey and some paprika (for just a teensy bit of kick!).
It’s a super simple dessert, so I’d recommend you plate it with a scoop of ice cream (I *ahem* forgot to buy some on the day I was taking my photos), or you can do what I did: distract your guests by plating the dulce de leche and spiced pineapples on a pretty blue plate. Either works.
(But the ice cream option tastes better.)
Now, if the classic method for making dulce de leche is a bit too much fuss over too long a period, you should try out my easy homemade dulce de leche with condensed milk recipe instead.
The link below is an affiliate link. This means that if you choose to purchase using it, I will receive a small commission. And that would be lovely of you. Thank you.
If you tried this recipe, please do comment below and let me know what you think! Make sure to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter for all the latest. Or just sign up to be a part of my mailing list.
One Year Ago: Lemon Lavender Madeleines
Two Years Ago: Dutch Baby Pancake
Three Years Ago: Gooey Nutella BrowniesPrint
This simple dessert mixes a classic dulce de leche recipe with spiced grilled pineapples for an easy and satisfying dish!
How to Make Classic Dulce de Leche
- 4 cups milk
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- ¼ baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Grilled Spiced Pineapples
- 6 Pineapple slices
- 3tbsp lime juice
- 4tbsp honey
- ½ tsp ground paprika
To Make Classic Dulce de Leche
- Stir together milk, sugar, and baking soda in a pot. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Leave uncovered, stirring fairly regularly until caramelized (and thickened) – 2 hours.
- Stir in vanilla extract. Transfer to a glass jar and allow to cool.
Grilled Spiced Pineapples
- Mix lime juice, honey, and ground paprika in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a pan over heat, melt butter and brown pineapple slices (both sides, please!).
- Spoon the lime-honey sauce on to the grilled pineapple slices, and continue to cook for 5 minutes (both sides, again!).
- Remove the pineapples from heat, and plate with dulce the leche on the side. Enjoy
Makes 1 ½ cups of dulce de leche.
Keywords: Classic dulce de leche, dulce de leche with pineapples, spiced grilled pineapples