This Peach Dutch Baby Pancake recipe is perfect for the summer (or any other month) – it creates a custardy Dutch Baby with sweet peaches and a hint of cinnamon. Super simple, but oh-so-delicious!
Sometimes referred to as “puffed pancakes” or “German pancakes”, Dutch babies are one of my favorite things to make – as far as pancakes go, Dutch babies are as easy as it gets (they’re almost a no-fail breakfast!).
This Dutch Baby with peaches and icing sugar, sweetens the original take on the breakfast ever so slightly (traditionally, there’s no sugar in a Dutch Baby Pancake) – the addition of whipped cream and maple syrup means that this sweet breakfast is on the indulgent side, but not so much that you’ll find yourself passed out on the coach for the rest of the day.
(Not that there’s anything wrong with that. A midday nap on the couch is one of life’s true pleasures.)
What is a Peach Dutch Baby
A Dutch baby pancake is essentially an oven-baked pancake with a higher ratio of eggs to flour – this results in a more custardy dish. This Dutch Baby Pancake with peaches ups the ante by adding caramelized peaches, brown butter, and a hint of cinnamon to the batter.
Don’t forget to check out the Peach Dutch Baby recipe video on YouTube!
Here are the main ingredients required to make this Peach Dutch Baby recipe. Nothing you wouldn’t expect to be honest!
- Vanilla extract
- Milk – room temperature milk works best!
- All-purpose flour
- Ground cinnamon – adds a subtle bit of warmth to the dish.
- Peaches – well, one peach will likely be enough, and maybe one more for garnish!
How to make a Dutch Baby Pancake with Peaches
You can make this Peach Dutch Baby Pancake recipe in as little as five steps – one of those steps pretends to be optional (technically, it is optional. But it’s so worth doing.).
- Caramelize the peaches, and create the brown butter.
- Prepare the batter. Simply mixing all the ingredients together, and blending!
- Let the batter sit. No, seriously, bestie…let it sit.
- Combine. Carefully pour the blended batter into the heated pan, covering the peaches!
- Bake. And feast!
One of my favorite things about Dutch Baby Pancakes is how easy they are to make, and how difficult they are to mess up! That said, here are a few way to make sure you getting the puffiest Dutch babies possible!
- Room temperature ingredients are important! There’s no leavening agent in this recipe, so it’s really up to the eggs to puff up your pancakes.
- Create a smooth and airy batter by using a blender.
- Let your batter rest!
- You don’t need to peel the peaches – it’s totally up to you and your preference.
- Frozen peaches work perfectly fine – make sure to allow your peaches ample time to thaw before getting started though!
So many ways to dress this sweet breakfast up! Personally, I keep it simple: a few fresh peach slices, icing sugar, and ice cream. Heavenly. Maple syrup is great on top too.
If you want to mix it up, try adding some lemon curd, or a complementary jam.
More Dutch Baby Pancake recipes
The link below is an affiliate link. This means that if you choose to purchase using it, I will receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). These small commissions help keep Chocolates & Chai going. Thank you.
A cast iron pan is perfect for making this Peach Dutch baby, and you can always depend on the quality of a Staub cast iron pan. This one is designed to last a lifetime if taken care of properly!
If you like what I’m doing here, and you want to help, why not go ahead and become a Patron? You can support Chocolates & Chai for as little as the price of a cup of coffee!
And that’s it, that’s everything you need to know to make a delicious Dutch Baby pancake with peaches. What did you think? Have you tried this Peach Dutch Baby recipe? Let me know in the comments below!Print