This Peach Dutch Baby Pancake recipe is perfect for the summer (or any other month) – it creates a custardy Dutch Baby with sweet peaches and a hint of cinnamon. Super simple, but oh-so-delicious!
- 4 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup milk, room temperature
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Salt, a pinch
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 peach, sliced
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- Whipped cream or ice cream, for deliciousness
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees F. Place sliced peaches and 4 tablespoons of butter into an ovenproof (or cast iron) pan for 5-8 minutes until the butter is browned, and the peaches have begun to caramelise.
- Blend together vanilla, milk, eggs, flour and cinnamon until a smooth batter is formed. Mix in two tablespoons of the melted butter. (Optional: Let the blended batter sit for 15-25 minutes)
- Remove the hot pan from the oven, and in pour the batter (over and around the peaches).
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until slightly browned at the edges and puffy (it will deflate as it cools).
- Dust with icing sugar, a dollop of whipped cream, a drizzle of maple syrup, and serve warm!
- Usually with pancake recipes, you want a lumpy batter. However, for Dutch baby pancakes, a smooth batter is crucial.
- Do not open the oven door during the first 15 minutes of cooking as you risk deflating your Peach Dutch Baby.
- This recipe will work perfectly well with peeled or unpeeled peaches. It’s totally a matter of preference.
- This recipe was developed using a 12-inch cast iron pan. However, if your pan is slightly bigger or smaller, you should be fine!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Peach Dutch Baby Pancake, Peach Dutch Baby, Dutch Baby Pancake with Peaches, Peaches & Cream Dutch Baby