The Celeste Strawberry Pie recipe tastes similar to how it felt beating the game…epic. Amazing. Cathartic. An easy latticed pie crust, paired with a tangy strawberry filling, make for a delicious summer pie very worthy of the classic game.
What is the Celeste strawberry pie?
For the uninitiated, Celeste is a 2018 platforming game – it’s often hailed as one of the best games of 2018, and its soundtrack is somewhat legendary at this point. And there are several reasons for this: Firstly, it was a fantastic game. Secondly, it was a brutally difficult game. And that soundtrack…*chef’s kiss*.
One of the items you can collect in the game are strawberries – they don’t serve any real purpose, they’re just there for a little added challenge. If you make it to the Epilogue of the game, Madeleine (the main character) bakes a strawberry pie. The Collector’s Edition of the game includes a small recipe card with a recipe for the Strawberry Pie from Celeste.
I loved the game (except for when it made me hate it), and I wanted to show my support (several years late) by baking and sharing the pie with you. This is not a sponsored post, I’m just a fan. Recipe credit goes to Matt Makes Games, the developer behind Celeste.
There are two components to this pie recipe – the pie crust, and the strawberry filling. All the ingredient are fairly standard for a strawberry pie recipe. Here are the key ingredients:
For the pie dough
- All-purpose flour
- Unsalted butter
For the strawberry filling
- Strawberries – for obvious reason, get the freshest most fantastic strawberries you can find for this recipe
- Lemon juice
Making this strawberry pie is fairly simple, and falls into three basic sections:
1. Prepare the pie dough
Mix all the ingredients together until you can form a dough, divide the dough into two discs, and refrigerate. Using a stand mixer makes this step a lot quicker!
2. Prepare the strawberry filling
Mix everything together in at-once to create the filling, and set aside so it has a little time to thicken.
3. Baking the strawberry pie
This section involves preparing the pie dish, pouring in the pie filling, and creating a lattice on top using more dough. The assembled pie crust is treated with an egg wash before baking. (It’ll need a few hours to cool before being ready to eat too. But that wait is worth it!)
Tips & tricks
- These measurements are based on a standard 9-inch pie dish, using an extra-deep pie dish will result in a slightly different appearance.
- If you feel like using store-bought dough, that’s totally fine. Just make sure to get enough for the top and bottom layers of the crust!
- For a cleaner-looking presentation, you can trim the dough overhang around the pie before baking. Or, for a more rustic look, don’t bother, or crinkle the ends. (I’ve trimmed in these photos as I’m doing my best to replicate the pie from the game, Celeste.)
- Once the baked strawberry pie has cooled completely, warm it up in a 350-degree F oven for 3-5 minutes to serve. You can add strawberry ice cream and whipped cream for extra deliciousness. But you can really mix this up however you like!
Other pie recipes to try
The link below is an affiliate link. This means that if you choose to purchase using it, I will receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). These small commissions help keep Chocolates & Chai going. Thank you.
And that’s it, bestie! Have you played Celeste? Or have you made the Celeste Strawberry Pie recipe? What did you think? Let me know in the comments below.Print