The Celeste Strawberry Pie recipe is both a beautiful and delicious homemade dessert for pie lovers! This summer dessert is something to enjoy with your best friends!
This recipe has been (barely) adapted from the Celeste Collector’s Edition.
For the dough
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 sticks butter, cubed, chilled
- ½ cup ice water
For the strawberry filling
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries (around 40 berries), hulled, halved
- 2/3 cup white granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Honey, to taste
Making the dough
- Mix flour, sugar, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Stir in the chilled butter pieces into the bowl until pea-sized pieces form.
- Mix in the ice water, a few tablespoons at a time until dough begins to form. (You may not need to use all the water!)
- Split the formed dough in half, and flatten into two equal discs. Wrap each out tightly with plastic wrap, and chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
Making the strawberry filling
Mix hulled strawberries, sugar, cornstarch, salt, lemon juice and vanilla extract together in a bowl. Set aside for 5-10 minutes.
Assembling & baking strawberry pie
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Roll out each chilled pie dough disc into 12-inch circles. Use one dough circle as the bottom crust by carefully putting it into your pie dish. Cut the other circle into one-inch strips to use for the lattice pie crust top. Chill both layers in the fridge for 5 minutes.
- Pour the prepared strawberry filling into the pie dish. Arrange the lattice strips across the top of the filling. Make sure to fuse the strips into the crust by pressing firmly wherever they meet (across the edges!). Chill for 10 minutes.
- Brush the pie crust with the beaten egg. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake on the lowest oven rack for 20 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350 degrees F. Continue baking for one hour, until the filling is bubbly and the pie crust, golden-brown. Remove from oven. Drizzle with a little honey, and allow to cool completely before slicing. Enjoy! (Ideally while listening to the Celeste soundtrack)
- These measurements are based on a standard 9-inch pie dish.
- If you use store-bought dough, make sure to get enough for the top and bottom layers of the crust!
- For a cleaner-looking presentation, trim the dough overhang around the pie before baking. Or, for a more rustic look, don’t bother.
- After the baked strawberry pie has cooled completely, warm it up in a 350-degree F oven for 3-5 minutes. You can add strawberry ice cream and whipped cream for extra deliciousness.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: celeste strawberry pie recipe, celeste strawberry pie, strawberry pie recipe, strawberry pie