Company arriving shortly, and you haven’t prepared any apps? This Baked Brie with Honey and Crushed Pistachios is the answer. Think about it – savoury brie softened just enough to meld perfectly into the sweetness of honey. Delicious. And then you add the texture of crushed pistachios on top, just to take it up another notch!
You’re probably wondering how this works. It can’t possibly be as simple a wheel of brie, warmed until molten, with honey drizzled, and pistachios sprinkled on top. Can it? Yes. Yes, it can.
I honestly don’t know who first thought up the idea of baking brie with honey. It’s such a simple thing, but the honey just brings out such a wonderful depth of flavour. So, drizzle on that honey, honey!
I can call you “honey”, can’t I? What else would I call someone as sweet as you?
Okay, you’re right. It’s weird.
I’m sorry, bestie. (But we never would have known had I not tried!)
Baked Brie with Honey…and really, most, just about, any nut works, actually.
The heading above kinda says it all, bestie. Don’t shy away if pistachios aren’t your thing, or in case you happen to have almonds at home. Most nuts will work fairly well in this recipe.
In fact, I had originally planned to write this as a Baked Brie with Honey and Pine Nuts recipe…but ultimately, I felt that the higher price tag of pine nuts doesn’t really add enough to this recipe. I’ve tried it with almonds slivers, and coarsely chopped honey-roasted peanuts…both were fantastic.
And while we’re talking about substitutions, you can absolutely swap out the honey with agave syrup or pure maple syrup for some fun variations.
What to Serve with Baked Brie (and Honey) – Pairing Suggestions
- Pita bread
- In this post, I use these Kii Naturals Crisps with Apricot, Orange and Almonds (Heads up! This is an affiliate link.).
Tips for the best Baked Brie experience
- You don’t need to use a super fancy/expensive wheel of brie. In fact, younger brie (as opposed to that artisanal aged stuff) has a more delicately-flavoured rind. The rind from an aged brie will taste much stronger…possibly, overpoweringly so!
- You do need to score the top rind. This will make sure that regardless of the rind’s thickness, you will get a melty delicious brie once it’s out of the oven. (It also lets heat escape so you brie doesn’t splatter all over the place!)
- Double or triple-cream brie will melt best when baked!
No special tools required here. But I do recommend you check out my Shop page, there are a whole bunch of cooking essentials there for you! And for a little extra reading, I highly recommend checking out this guide on How to Read a Recipe Post (Properly).
Very little effort, great results! That’s what this baked appetiser recipe was all about. If you tried it, please do comment below and let me know what you thought! Or tell me what other variations you use! Don’t forget to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter. Or just sign up to be a part of my mailing list.
Baked Brie with Honey and Crushed Pistachios is all about maximum results with minimum effort in very little time! Try it. You’ll see.
- 1 wheel of brie (casing intact)
- 5 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp pistachios, crushed
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the brie into a baking dish, and drizzle with honey.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the brie begins to ooze. Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle with the crushed pistachios. Drizzle on the honey .
- That’s it, you’re ready to serve!
Pro Tip – The baked brie is ready once it begins to ooze, don’t wait until it melts completely and loses shape!
Pro Tip – You can serve this alongside a range of items, but crackers, or sourdough are an easy place to start if you’re at a loss for ideas.
Pro Tip – You can soften the brie even faster by by placing it in the microwave on 50 % power and heating in 30 second intervals until you achieve the desired level of meltedness (don’t overheat or you will end up with brie soup and a tough rind!).
Fancier Rosemary Honey Version: Put the honey in a small saucepan, add a sprig of fresh rosemary and gently simmer for 5 minutes. Pour that over the brie. YUM!
- Category: Appetisers
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Baked brie, baked brie with honey, brie with pistachios, brie with nuts, honey nut baked brie