These cute little strawberry madeleines use real strawberry puree for flavor and color. A perfect pink treat that’s sweet, but not too sweet!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Strawberry puree (see: Notes)
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until the combined. Add strawberry puree, all-purpose flour and baking powder, and whisk until the flour is just incorporated.
- Gently mix in the melted butter using a spatula.
- Divide the madeleine batter into the wells 2/3 -3/4 full.
- Refrigerate the pan with the batter for at least 20 minutes. Preheat the oven to 395 degrees F.
- Bake from chilled, for 7-8 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow the strawberry madeleines to cool on a wire rack before serving. Serve with icing sugar or a touch of sweetened whipped cream.
- To make strawberry puree, simply blend 1 ½ cups of chopped strawberries with 1 tablespoon of sugar. You’re looking for a mixture that is smooth.
- The colder the madeleine batter is, the more likely it is that the madeleines will have a higher “bump”.
- Prepare your madeleine pans by generously buttering the moulds, sprinkling with some flour and shaking off the excess.
- The colour of your madeleines will depend a lot on the strawberries that are available to you. For a deeper red/pink colour, you can add a little red food colour to the batter until you get your desired result.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: strawberry madeleines