These cute little strawberry madeleines use real strawberry puree for flavor and color. A perfect pink treat that’s sweet, but not too sweet!
I love madeleines. They’re a wonderful little snack that work great as a teacake and a dessert. These strawberry madeleines in particular are great with an afternoon coffee.
If you’re feeling a little extra indulgent, melt some chocolate and dip these babies in!
The ingredients here are two-part:
- Chopped strawberries
Madeleine batter <H3>
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
How to make strawberry madeleines
Making strawberry madeleines is similar to most madeleine recipes, with one extra step!
- Prepare the strawberry puree
- Prepare the madeleine batter
Don’t forget to watch my strawberry madeleines video on YouTube!
General madeleine tips
I’ll be honest with you, bestie…while still delicious, these aren’t the quintessential airy madeleine – don’t get me wrong, they’re not stones or anything like that, but the strawberry puree adds a denseness to the recipe that a simpler madeleine recipe wouldn’t have.
So, if you’re looking for perfect madeleines, it’s a little harder to achieve (though not impossible). Here are some classic madeleine tips to help you along:
- Don’t forget to sift your flour.
- Room temperature eggs please! Cold-right-out-of-the-fridge-eggs don’t aerate as well.
- Freeze your madeleine pan before adding the batter to it, and then chill with the batter as well.
- The color you get can vary a bit, depending on your strawberries, so if you’d like a pink madeleine, simply add a touch of pink or red food coloring.
You can keep these strawberry madeleines fresh in an airtight container for up to two days. You can refrigerate for up to four days.
More fun madeleine recipes to try
- Chocolate Orange Madeleines
- Chocolate Madeleine Mummies
- Lemon Raspberry Madeleines
- Lemon & Poppy Seed Mini Madeleines
The link below is an affiliate link. This means that if you choose to purchase using it, I will receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). These small commissions help keep Chocolates & Chai going. Thank you.
Thankfully madeleines come together without any crazy equipment. All you need to get that quintessential shape is a regular madeleine pan.
If you like what I’m doing here, and you want to help, why not go ahead and become a Patron? You can support Chocolates & Chai for as little as the price of a cup of coffee!
And that’s it! That’s everything you need to make these strawberry madeleines. What do you think? Comment below, and let me know.Print