Is this S’mores French Toast recipe exactly what you think it is? Well, if you think it’s a decadent French toast recipe with chocolate, crushed graham crackers, topped with some perfectly gooey torched marshmallows…well, then you’d be exactly right. You must’ve read my mind. And since you’re already reading my mind, you might as well read on!
I have a little bit of an obsession with s’mores. I love them. And that’s strange given that I grew up in Europe and the Middle East and had only experienced s’mores (let alone something like S’mores French Toast) a handful of times growing up. But some things are just meant to be. (Like, peanut butter and jelly.)
It’s actually a wonder that this is the first time I’m sharing a s’mores-recipe.
It’s not the first time I’m sharing a French toast recipe though.
More French toast variations
- Perfect French Toast (Twice Cooked!)
- Nutella & Dark Chocolate French Toast
- Hong Kong Style French Toast
- Strawberry and Cream Cheese French Toast Bake
- Simple Baked French Toast
Chocolate & marshmallow rivers
I was actually tempted to over-stuff the toast and have rivers of chocolate and marshmallow flowing out…but that ends up tasting like an overly sweet, goopy, mess. Remember, bestie…gooey=good, goopy=not good!
But man, it would’ve looked really darn good in photos. (Do you think I should’ve done the photos that way? Or do you think I should keep to doing these more true-to-reality style of photos?)
Something completely unrelated to this S’mores French Toast recipe!
Do you notice anything different around here? Yup, I’ve updated my site’s design! This new design is (hopefully) cleaner, faster, and clearer. Let me know what you think of it.
Now, I’m not a web designer (I’m actually quite terrible at things like graphic and web design) so there are a few things I’m still tinkering with. Don’t be too surprised if you notice more small changes in the coming weeks (and potentially one very big change in the next month or so).
This recipe for S’mores French Toast is a delicious twist on traditional French Toast with crushed graham crackers, toasted marshmallows, and of course, melted chocolate!
- 4 slices slightly-stale bread
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Half & Half
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- Pinch of Salt
- ¾ cup Graham Cracker crumbs
- ¾ cup mini marshmallows
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together eggs, half & half, vanilla, nutmeg, and salt.
- Dip bread into egg mixture, making sure to coat each side.
- Press both sides of bread into graham cracker crumbs.
- Melt ½ tbsp butter in a non-stick pan for each slice of bread. Cook until brown and crispy, flipping to ensure both sides are evenly cooked
- While still hot, sandwich marshmallows and chocolate in between two slices of French Toast.
- Garnish with more chocolate, marshmallows, and graham cracker crumbs. And use a blowtorch to toast the marshmallows.
If you don’t have access to a blowtorch, set your broiler to High, and place your French Toast on the top tray for a few minutes.
- Category: Breakfast & Brunch
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: S’mores French Toast, Smores French Toast, Smores recipe, French Toast, French Toast Recipe, smores toast recipe, smores french toast recipe, dessert french toast