Paneer Tikka is a super popular Indian vegetarian appetizer, popular at restaurants and parties!
- 250g paneer, cubed
- 1 medium red onion, cut into cubed
- 1–2 bell peppers (mix of green, red, and orange), cut into cubed
- 1 cup thick yogurt or Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tbsp roasted chickpea flour or besan
- 1 tbsp mustard oil
- ½ tsp red chili Powder, or to taste
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- In a mixing bowl, add thick yogurt, roasted chickpea flour, ginger garlic paste, mustard oil and whisk until a smooth mixture is formed.
- Add red chili powder, garam masala, salt, black pepper powder, and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Add in the paneer pieces, onion, and bell pepper. Mix well until everything is well coated. Cover the bowl and refrigerate it for a minimum of 2 hours to marinate. (Marinating overnight is totally fine too!)
- Once marinated, take skewers and arrange paneer pieces, bell peppers, and onion pieces.
- Grill the skewers until lightly charred, and evenly cooked. Serve with cilantro and mint chutney, lemon wedges, and onion slices. Garnish with cilantro leaves.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: paneer tikka