Orange Cranberry Rolls combine the tart flavours of cranberry and orange with just enough sweetness to complement a fluffy dough roll with an addictively sweet frosting.
For the rolls
- 4 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup corn flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 ½ teaspoons active dry yeast
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup butter softened at room temperature
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- Zest of 1 orange
For the filling
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- Zest of 1 orange
- Juice of 1 orange
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
For the frosting
- 5 tablespoons sour cream or cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered/icing sugar
- Zest of ½ orange
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a large mixing bowl mix the flour, active dry yeast, sugar, and salt.
2. Stir in the corn flour and mix until combined. Pour in the whole milk, butter, orange zest, and eggs.
3. Using your hands, start mixing the ingredients to form a dough.
4. Let the dough rest for 1 hour at room temperature, covered with a kitchen cloth.
5. Roll out the risen dough into a rectangle thick ½ inch thickness.
6. In a small bowl let the dried cranberries steep with the orange juice and zest together.
7. Sprinkle the dough with granulated sugar, and spread the soaked cranberries out all over the dough.
8. Roll into a roulade and cut into 12 equal pieces.
9. Arrange the pieces in a large heatproof baking dish spread with butter.
10. Bake at 350 F (180 C) degrees for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
11. Let it cool slightly. Meanwhile, in a bowl mix, the sour cream or cream cheese with icing sugar, orange zest, and vanilla extract together.
12. Spread the frosting on top of the rolls and serve. Enjoy!
If you’re wondering what a roulade is, it’s just fancy kitchen-speak for “a roll”.
- Prep Time: 2 hours
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: orange & cranberry rolls, cranberry orange rolls, orange cranberry buns