Nutella is the answer. Whatever the question. Nutella is the answer. What should I put on my toast? Nutella. What is the key to sustainable world peace? Nutella. Why did the chicken cross the road? Nutella.
This Nutella Hot Chocolate recipe is everything a Nutella Hot Chocolate recipe should be – warm, nutty, chocolate-y, and sweet.
If ever there were two things that didn’t need improvement, they’d probably be Nutella and Hot Chocolate. They go great with everything. Toast. Marshmallows. Spoons. You name it. But combining them has that ‘Mind = Blown’ quality that only ideas as simple as this can do.
And if this isn’t enough of a Nutella fix for you, check out my Nutella & Dark Chocolate French Toast recipe.Print
Nutella Hot Chocolate
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 1 1x
A delicious and easy recipe to make Nutella Hot Chocolate
- ¾ cup Milk
- 4 tbsp Nutella
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tsp White Sugar (or to taste)
- ¼ cup Whipping Cream
- ½ tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp Cocoa Powder, for garnishing
- Heat milk in a small pot over a low-medium heat, don’t let it boil.
- Once you see the milk begin to steam, add the Nutella. Stir regularly until it is fully incorporated.
- Add salt, 3tsp sugar, and vanilla extract. Stir until combined.
- Pour into a mug. Add the whipped cream (see below), and sprinkle on a little cocoa powder as garnishing.
- In a separate bowl, add whipping cream and 1tsp sugar to a bowl. Whisk vigorously until soft peaks form.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: Desserts
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Nutella Hot Chocolate, nutella recipes
If you happen to have a fireplace, or even The Fireplace Channel, this is a perfect fireplace drink – warm and rich. I love that the sea salt enhances the flavour without taking over (for you lovers of salted chocolate, I’d recommend checking out my Ultimate Hot Chocolate recipe). Try it out and let me know what you think! Or even better, take a photo as well. Upload it to Instagram and tag me @yamisohungry.
Did you know that today – February 5th, 2015 – is the 9th Annual World Nutella Day? It’s true!
Rosana @ Hot&CHilli Food and Travel Blog
Nutella and chocolate are the answer to everything. This recipe is lush R
I like the way you think Rosana!
What a treat! Lovely on a cold evening.
Thank you! I hope you enjoy it on a cold evening soon 🙂
Sarah James @ Tales From The Kitchen Shed
I love this, what a great idea and a fab treat for a cold weekend evening.