An easy breezy recipe for homemade Matcha Ice Cream!
- 2 tbsp (16 grams) Matcha Tea Powder
- 1 1/2 cups (355ml) Whole Milk
- 1 tbsp (9 grams) Cornstarch
- 1 3/4 cups (414ml) Heavy Cream
- 2/3 cup (133 grams) Sugar
- Take a large bowl and fill with ice-cold water. In a separate small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons of milk and cornstarch; set aside. Take a third bowl and add matcha powder and ½ cup cream. Whisk vigorously and set aside.
- Mix the remaining 1 ¼ cups cream with the remaining milk and sugar in a medium-sized saucepan. Place it over medium heat. Let it come to a low boil and cook until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove pan from heat. Slowly whisk in cornstarch mixture and return to boil. Cook on a medium heat for about a minute to slightly thicken.
- Slowly pour this hot mixture into the bowl of the matcha-cream mixture. Add salt. Keep the bowl in ice-cold water for around 20 minutes, whisking occasionally and letting it cool. Cover with a lid and refrigerate until chilled or overnight.
- Once chilled, pour into an ice cream maker and churn well. Transfer mixture to a freezer-safe container and freeze.
- Serve with white chocolate chips or fresh fruits like raspberries. To add some crunchiness, sprinkle finely grated almonds or other dry fruits.
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Churning
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Matcha Ice Cream, Green Tea Ice Cream, homemade matcha ice cream