Less than 5 minutes is all it takes to get this Honey Mug Cake ready to eat! Sweet, gooey, and hits all the right places, especially if you add on some extra honey.
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tbsp honey (runny)
- 1 medium/large egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp pastry flour
- A pinch of salt
- Butter, for greasing
- Butter the inside of the mug generously.
- In your mug, mix together the butter, honey, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Add in the sugar, flour, and salt, and stir until fully combined.
- Microwave for 1 minutes 15 seconds (this number may vary slightly – check the notes below), and allow to cool slightly. Drizzle with more honey for extra sweetness. Enjoy as soon as it’s safe to eat!
- While this recipe is ideally made using pastry flour (aka cake flour), all purpose (with a pinch of baking soda) will work pretty well too.
- Depending on your microwave’s power, the time to cook this honey mug cake may vary slightly. If the mug cake hasn’t cooked, keep blasting it in 10-15 second intervals until ready.
- If you prefer to have the cake on a plate, this can be made in a bowl for easy unmolding. You can unmold the honey cake from the mug as well, but it’s sometimes a little tougher to do, depending on the the shape of the mug.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: honey mug cake, honey cake, honey cake in a mug