This Middle-Eastern inspired chicken with cumin dish is perfect for nights when you want something quick, healthy, and full of flavour!
- 1 Large Onion, roughly chopped
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 4 tbsp Ground Cumin
- ½ Lemon
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- ¼ cup of Pistachios, chopped/crushed
- Parsley, chopped
- Chilli flakes, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Oil , for cooking
- In a medium-hot pan, add onions with a tiny amount of oil. Season with a little salt and pepper. Allow the onions to cook until the edges singe.
- Butterfly chicken breasts (that is, slice it horizontally so that they’re half the thickness… but still in one piece), cover with cling film, and bash with a rolling pin (or the bottom of a cold pan) to flatten – until about ½ inch thick. Season one side of each chicken breast with 2tbsp of cumin, and salt and pepper to taste. Season the other side with salt and pepper.
- Mix tahini and olive oil together to form a sauce.
- Cook chicken over a medium heat until golden and cooked through. About 3-5 minutes per side. (Ideally cook the cumin side first.)
- Plate chicken cumin side up. Zest ¼ lemon onto each chicken, followed by a squeeze of lemon juice. Drizzle over the tahini/olive oil mixture. Add chilli flakes, salt, and pepper to taste. And garnish with a sprinkling of parsley and chopped pistachios.
- Category: Lunch & Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
Keywords: chicken with cumin, tahini, mike ward, chef mike ward, burnt onions, middle eastern chicken, tahini chicken,