Fluffy Vegan Masala French Toast is a simple breakfast recipe that comes together in less than half an hour.
- 1/3 cup chickpea flour
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- Salt, as per taste
- 1/2 cup Water, for runny consistency batter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 4 slices, bread
- Handful of cilantro leaves, chopped
- Oil or butter
- In a mixing bowl, add chickpea flour, salt along with all the spices. Mix all dry ingredients.
- Start adding water and whisk to make a runny batter with no lumps.
- Add diced onion, tomato, chopped cilantro leaves and mix well again.
- Either spread this batter on a bread slice with a spoon or dip it in the batter so that both sides of the bread are covered in batter.
- Grease a pan with oil or butter and put the bread slice. When one side is completely cooked, flip it and cook the other side as well.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: Vegan Masala French Toast, Vegan French Toast, Bombay Toast, eggless French Toast