You only need a handful of vegan pantry staple ingredients to make these fluffy and deliciously easy Vegan Banana Pancakes.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup plant-based milk (preferably soymilk)
- 1 tbsp vinegar (or lemon juice)
- 1 tbsp flax meal (ground flaxseeds)
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp + 2 tbsp coconut oil or any neutral oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or paste
- 1 tbsp white (granulated) sugar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- Make a flax egg by combining 1 tbsp of flax meal (ground flaxseeds) with 2 tbsp of water. Allow mixture to sit for 7 to 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Pour plant-based milk into a bowl. Add vinegar to the milk and stir. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Sift all dry ingredients in a bowl and combine well.
- Add all wet ingredients to a bowl and whisk to mix well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and gently fold with a rubber spatula until just combined.
- Add oil to a pan and heat over medium heat. Add about ⅓ cup of batter and reduce the heat to low medium.
- Cook until bubbles appear on the surface (around 3-4 minutes). Flip and cook the other side for just a minute.
- Serve the pancakes with maple syrup.
Don’t forget to watch the Vegan Banana Pancakes recipe video on YouTube!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan banana pancakes, vegan pancakes, vegan pancake with banana