Turkish semolina halva is a delicious semolina-based cake. While many semolina halvas are flavoured with syrup or vanilla, this one is filled with ice cream!
- 8 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of pine nuts
- 1 1/2 cups semolina
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 scoop ice cream
- ground cinnamon, for sprinkling
- In a large bowl, mix sugar, water and milk until sugar dissolves. Set the liquid mixture aside.
- Put the rice pot on the stove. Melt the butter. Add the pine nuts and semolina and fry it on low heat for 15 minutes, stirring.
- When the color of the semolina turns tan, add the liquid mixture. When the liquid mixture is poured into the hot pan, be careful as it may steam and splash.
- Mix lightly and close the lid of the pot.
- When the semolina starts to absorb the liquid, mix it again and close the lid.
- After about 2-3 minutes, after the semolina absorbs the liquid well, put the halva in the bowl you will serve, open the center with the help of a spoon, place a scoop of ice cream. then add a spoonful of halva again and press it to straighten it.
- Invert onto a plate and serve with cinnamon on top.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Turkish
Keywords: semolina halva, semolina halva with ice cream,