These Triple Chocolate Meringue Cookies are dark, decadent, and bursting with flavour. A crispy chocolate meringue outside, a fudgy chocolate inside, and a delicious spattering of dark chocolate chips. This is the kind of cookie you make to celebrate, or to get that someone special to smile just a little wider than usual. And you know what else? There’s a gluten-free option too!
- 1 cup (6oz) Dark Chocolate, melted
- 3 Egg Whites, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cup Icing Sugar
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 Hot Chocolate Mix (replace with 1/4 cup cocoa powder if GF)
- 1 tbsp. Cornstarch
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp Instant Coffee
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup (3oz) Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large, vigorously beat egg whites to form soft peaks. In batches, mix in ½ cup icing sugar; continue to form a meringue.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 1 cup icing sugar, cocoa powder, hot chocolate mix, cornstarch, instant coffee, and salt.
- On low speed blend the dry ingredients and vanilla extract into the meringue.
- Fold in the melted chocolate and chocolate chips.
- Place ¼ cup icing sugar in a bowl (¼ cup is approximate, the size of your dough balls will impact how much you need).
- Roll dough into roughly 1-2 tablespoon-sized balls and coat with icing sugar.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes – until almost completely baked with crackly tops. Cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Desserts
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Meringue Cookies, Chocolate Meringue Cookies, Triple Chocolate, Flourless Chocolate Chip Cookie, chocolate meringue cookies, crinkle cookies,