A strawberry magnolia is a quick and easy dessert recipe composed of custard, biscuits, and fruit – think of it like a Turkish trifle or Turkish fruit pudding.
3/4 cup sugar (150g)
2 egg yolks
2 tablespoons corn starch (30g)
2 tablespoons flour (40g)
4 cups milk (1000ml)
1 cup heavy cream (200ml)
1/2 tablespoon vanilla
2 cups strawberry
2 cups biscuits
How to make the custard
- Start by mixing the sugar, starch and flour in a saucepan. Add the egg yolks and a splash of your milk (this is just for easy mixing. A 1/4 cup should suffice, as we’ll add the rest in a moment). Stir or beat using a stand mixer on low until smooth with no lumps remaining. Put the saucepan over medium heat, pour in the remaining milk and stir consistently until the mixture forms a pudding, a few minutes.
- Cover the pudding with cling film and wait for it to cool, at least 15-20 minutes.Beat the cooled pudding with a hand mixer and add the cream (heavy cream is preferred but if you only have whipping cream available, that works too), beat for another 3 minutes.
How to make the crushed biscuit
- Using a blender or food processor, grind your biscuits into flour. Wash your strawberries and then cut them in half.
How to assemble magnolia pudding
- Ideally, you want to use a transparent container where your layers can be seen. I used small glasses but a glass jar or bowl will work great too. Begin by adding two tablespoons of the biscuit crumbs, then place the strawberries.
- Pipe with pudding until it reaches the top of your container (the exact amount will depend on size of container you use), and top it off with more biscuit crumbs (and/or any other decoration you fancy). Refrigerate for at least five hours, and serve with some more fresh strawberries. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to watch the Strawberry Magnolia recipe video!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Chill: 5 hours
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Turkish
Keywords: strawberry magnolia, strawberry magnolia pudding, turkish magnolia pudding, magnolia pudding