Deliciously sweet pockets of roasted strawberries paired with tangy cream cheese elevates this strawberry cream cheese French toast bake to more than your just run of the mill baked French toast casserole!
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups of half and half
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 croissants, sliced open
- 4oz full-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced, stems removed
- Grease a 9×9-inch baking dish with butter. Spread the croissant bottoms along the dish.
- Scatter the cream cheese cubes and sliced strawberries around the dish – on the croissant and in-between each croissant too. Place the croissant tops to effectively sandwich the cream cheese and strawberries.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, half and half, vanilla extract, and sugar until well-combined. Pour the mixture over the croissants and into the baking dish. Press the croissant tops down gently to make sure they absorb the liquid.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, ideally overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake for 45-55 minutes until the centre is set.
- Serve with maple syrup, whipped cream, or a dollop of ice cream! (Or nothing at all, it’s already delicious.)
- Slightly stale croissants work best for this recipe.
- Cream cheese packs are usually 8oz, so you would only need half a standard pack.
- Category: Brunch
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: Strawberry Cream Cheese French Toast Bake, Stuffed French Toast,