Paella may be one of the most popular rice recipes coming from Spain. And Paella Valenciana is amongst the most popular variations! This one pot paella recipe is brought together with a wonderfully hearty mix of chicken and seafood.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp. saffron powder
- 300 gr. chicken thighs, boneless and skinless, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup long grain rice
- 4 cups seafood stock
- 100 gr. calamari, peeled and chopped
- 100 gr. shrimp, peeled
- 100 gr. mussels, clean
- 1 cup peas
- 1/2 cup roasted red bell peppers, sliced
- parsley and olive oil to serve
- salt and pepper
- Heat a paellera (or a flat large skillet) to medium-high and add the olive oil.
- Once it’s hot, add the onion, garlic, red bell pepper and saffron powder. Cook, stirring frequently until fragrant – around 10 minutes.
- Transfer everything to one side and add the chicken pieces, cook them until golden brown on every side.
- Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Add the long grain rice and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Start adding the stock progressively and season with salt and pepper, once it starts boiling add the calamari, shrimp, mussels, and peas. Cook at low-medium for 15 minutes or until the rice is done.
- Add the chicken back into the paellera, and mix well.
- Serve with parsley, a touch of olive oil, and a big smile!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Spanish
Keywords: seafood paella valenciana, paella valenciana with seafood, paella de marisco