Learn the secret to making Queen Elizabeth’s royal pancake recipe. It’s easier than you thought, and comes right from the royal chefs!
- 125g Plain Flour
- 30g sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 medium eggs (approx. 100g)
- 1.5 egg yolks (30g)
- 250ml milk
- 40g butter
How to make beurre noisette (brown butter)
Place butter in a saucepan and cook over low to medium heat until the water has cooked off. The butter will be gently golden. Lower heat once the butter begins to spit, and set aside once a nutty brown colour is achieved.
How to make Queen Elizabeth’s pancakes (the royal pancake recipe)
- Mix the salt, flour, sugar, with the eggs (make sure to mix in the eggs in stages) until you create a smooth batter.
- In stages, stir in the milk. Once the milk is mixed in, stir in the beurre noisette.
- Melt a little butter in a saucepan over low-medium heat.
- Scoop (I like to use a quarter cup scoop) your pancakes into the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes or each side, or until done. Serve, and eat like royalty!
Don’t forget to add whatever toppings you like. Lemon and sugar is a very easy option to start with!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: British
Keywords: royal pancakes, royal pancake recipe, queen's pancake recipe, queen elizabeth pancakes,