Raspberry Swirl Pancakes are a twist on an old school dish. Easy recipe and technique to follow for some delicious results!
For the pancakes:
- 1 cup Cake Flour (All-Purpose Flour works just fine but will result in something ever-so-slightly less fluffy)
- 1 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 cup White Sugar
- Salt, a pinch
- 1 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- Butter, for cooking
For the raspberry compote:
- ½ cup raspberries
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
In a small pot, combine 3tbsp water, 1tbsp sugar, and raspberries. Bring the mixture to a slow simmer, occasionally stirring to help breakdown the berries and reduce the mixture. Add 1tbsp balsamic vinegar. Stir, and let the compote cook till desired consistency is achieved.
Raspberry Swirl Pancakes
- Sift together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Beat eggs with buttermilk and melted butter separately.
- Barely combine wet and dry ingredients to form a lumpy batter.
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Ladle 1/3 cup of batter on to the pan, and using a toothpick dipped in raspberry compote, swirl a pattern into the batter as it cooks.
- Flip pancakes when bubbles appear on the surface and edges begin to brown – about 2-3 minutes per side. You can pattern both sides if you like.
Optional: I like to let my batter sit for 10-15 minutes.
Note: You can use All-Purpose flour too.
Pro Tip: Don’t go for a swirl design that’s too intricate. The nature of the pancake flip means you may lose some of your design…unless you’re VERY careful.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Breakfast & Brunch
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Raspberry Swirl Pancakes, Raspberry Pancakes