Homemade Oreo French Toast combines the creamy vanilla frosting and chocolate cookie flavors and encrusts it on top of fluffy slices of freshly made French Toast that gets slathered with a homemade glaze.
For the Oreo French Toast:
- 8 slices Brioche bread
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 12 – 20 Oreo cookies
- 4 tablespoons butter
For the glaze:
- 4 tablespoon labneh cheese
- 2 tablespoon heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Whisk eggs and milk well in a bowl
- In a ziplock bag, break your Oreo cookies into large and small pieces with the help of a rolling pin. Set aside in a flat dish.
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium-low heat.
- Dip both sides of your sliced bread in the liquid mixture first. After straining, dip into the crushed Oreos and press.
- Fry your Oreo-crusted slices of bread over medium-low heat for approximately 3 minutes per side, for a total of 6 minutes (or until cooked through).
- Serve with a generous amount of glaze!
Whisk the Labneh cheese, heavy cream and powdered sugar in a bowl until smooth. (That’s it! That’s all there is to it.)
- If Oreos aren’t available to you, it’s completely fine to substitute them with a similar cookie. I’m just using Oreos as they’re more easily recognisable to everyone than say chocolate cream cookies.
- If you want to crush your Oreos using another method, that’s totally fine. If instead of a rolling pin, you want to use your powerful fists, that’s works too! I use a rolling pin. Or sometimes even a blender. (What? I have delicate hands.)
- Watch the Oreo French Toast recipe video on Youtube for bonus points!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Oreo French Toast, Oreo-stuffed French Toast