This recipe for Olive Oil Brownies is easy to make, and even easier to eat! Rich, fudgy, chocolate brownie lovers rejoice!
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees F. Prepare an 8-inch square baking dish, either by lining with parchment paper or buttering.
- Mix olive oil, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Add in beaten eggs, cocoa powder, flour, and chocolate chips. Fold gently until combined (no streaks of flour should be left visible). Pour batter into the baking dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing from the dish, or cutting/serving. Enjoy alongside coffee, ice cream, or whipped cream!
I prefer to make this recipe using dark chocolate chips…but you do you, bestie. Chocolate buttons, medallions, or just a chopped up chocolate bar will work too!
Pro Tip: For slightly cakier brownies, add 1 tsp baking powder and bake for 35 minutes.
Pro Tip: You can sprinkle the dough (just prior to baking) with a little sea salt for a little flavour variation.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Sweets & Desserts
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Olive oil brownies, olive oil in brownies, chocolate brownies