This delicious mushroom omelette recipe is topped with tangy chèvre, sweet cherry tomatoes, and chopped sausage. Not only is it a delicious, flavourful, start to your day, it’s actually kinda good for you too. A perfect way to start your day!
- 3 Large Eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped (I like a mix)
- 1 sausage, chopped
- 1/4 cup chèvre, crumbles
- 1/3 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Sunflower oil, for cooking
- Butter, for cooking
- In a small non-stick frying pan, heat vegetable oil, and fry mushrooms and chopped sausage over a medium-high heat for about 2-3 minutes, until almost cooked through. Add in the halved tomatoes, and fry (stirring occasionally) for 1-2 minutes over medium heat. Remove from pan.
- Place the pan back on the low-medium heat; melt butter in the pan. Pour in beaten egg. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until almost done. Season to taste.
- Spoon mushroom mixture over one half of the omelette. Sprinkle chèvre crumbles over mushroom mixture.
- Using a spatula, fold the empty half of the omelette over the side with the mushroom and chèvre mixture. If needed, cook for a moment more otherwise, remove from heat.
- Garnish with more chèvre crumbles, if desired. Bon appetit!
If you’re cooking this recipe using only one pan, make sure to wipe it down before pouring in the beaten eggs. We don’t want that omelette to stick!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Breakfast & Brunch
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: Mushroom Omelette, omelette recipe, how to make an omelette,