Mocha Mug Cake. A quick and delicious chocolate mug cake with just the right hit of coffee to add a little depth to the flavor. This mug cake is perfect for when you need quickly whip up a sweet treat!
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. instant espresso powder (instant coffee is also fine)
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. milk
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp. dark chocolate chips
- Whipped cream and chocolate shavings, for topping
- Start by combining flour, sugar, cocoa, espresso powder, baking and salt in a microwave safe mug. Add the milk, oil, vanilla extract, and stir until you make a smooth batter. Add the chocolate chips and mix in (but try to avoid pushing them all into the bottom of the mug).
- Microwave on high for 1 minute 15 seconds, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 2 minutes, and then top with whipped cream (or any other toppings you like!).
- A 12 oz microwave-safe mug is ideal for this recipe.
- A fork or a knife will be easier to stir with than a spatula or wooden spoon due to the size of the mug.
- If 1 minute and 15 seconds isn’t enough to cook your mug cake through, blast in 10-second increments so as to not overcook your mocha mug cake. An over-cooked mug cake is not tasty. (Don’t ask me how I know.)
- Don’t forget to checkout the Mocha Mug Cake recipe video!
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mocha mug cake, microwave mug cake, chocolate coffee mug cake,