Malted Mocha Dalgona is a fun chocolate-y twist on your standard whipped coffee that brings the viral Dalgona coffee together with malty deliciousness! This indulgent drink is perfect as a cold summer coffee treat, or as a warm bit of winter indulgence.
- 2 tbsp instant coffee
- 2 tbsp hot/boiling water
- 2 tbsp sugar
Malt & Mocha
- 3 tbsp chocolate syrup (or a bit more if you want.)
- 1/2 cup ice
- 3/4 – 1 cup milk (depending on your glass size)
- 2 tbsp malt powder
Preparing the Dalgona
- To make the Dalgona coffee, mix instant coffee, hot water, and sugar together using an immersion blender until fluffy. Set aside.
Malted Mocha Dalgona
- Take a large cup or jar, and fill the bottom with 3 tablespoons of chocolate syrup.
- Fill the cup with ice (on top of the chocolate syrup), making sure to leave about 2 inches of space at the top.
- Add milk, again making sure to leave about 2 inches of space at the top.
- Spoon in 2 tablespoons of malt powder (don’t stir yet, bestie).
- Top generously with the whipped Dalgona coffee. Stir! And enjoy.
- I used Nescafe Taster’s Choice for my instant coffee, but feel free to use whatever you have at home. Same deal with the malt powder, you can use any one – I used Ovaltine!
- Generally, I say you can swap out the electric mixer for your whisking muscles…but I’d recommend you use the mixer here as whisking by hand can take quite a while.
- Two teaspoons of instant coffee is a bit strong for some (not me, but I basically live on caffeine), so feel free to not mix all the whipped coffee into your milk at one go!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Beverages
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: Korean
Keywords: malted mocha dalgona, mocha dalgona, dalgona coffee, whipped coffee, phitti hui coffee,