This Lemon Raspberry Dutch Baby Pancake recipe is one you’re going to fall in love with. A crisp edge, custard-y centre, with tangy lemon curd, and fresh raspberries – it’s everything you could want in a brunch dish. It’s simple to make, smells heavenly, and tastes really, darn, splendidly, super good too!
- 3 Large Eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 cup milk, room temperature
- 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp Lemon Zest
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp White Sugar
- A pinch of Salt
- 3 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- Lemon Curd (to taste!)
- 1/3 cup Fresh Raspberries
- Icing Sugar, for dusting
- Blend together eggs, milk, flour, lemon zest, sugar, salt, and vanilla extract.
- Let blended batter rest 15-25 minutes.
- Melt butter in a hot non-stick baking-ready dish (I used a cast-iron pan). Pour batter into the centre of the dish, give it a gentle swirl to help it spread evenly, and place in oven.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 20-25 minutes. 25 minutes will result in slightly browned edges for a bit more crunch, just the way I like it!
- Smear on lemon curd, garnish with raspberries and dust with icing sugar.
Pro Tip: Put your cast-iron pan (or ovenproof baking dish) in the oven while it’s warming up. That way your pan is hot and ready for when you melt the butter and pour in the batter.
Pro Tip 2: Room temperature ingredients are a must if you want your Dutch Baby to rise. (It will however deflate to some extent as it cools.)
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Breakfast & Brunch
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Lemon Raspberry Dutch Baby Pancake, Dutch Baby, Dutch Baby Pancake Recipe, pancake recipe, German pancake, Lemon Dutch Baby, Raspberry Dutch Baby,