A recipe for tasty lemon zest flavoured Mini Madeleines, with a poppy seed crunch!
- ¾ cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/3 cup White Sugar
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 1/3 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Lemon Zest
- 1 tsp Water
- 6 tbsp Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 tbsp Poppy Seeds
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, white and brown sugar, honey, lemon zest, water, and poppy seeds until a smooth mixture is produced. Whisk the dry ingredients in until just incorporated, and then add the butter, whisking until the mixture is smooth and sticky. Transfer to a plastic bag or a pastry bag (that is, if you’re planning to pipe the batter. Otherwise just cover your bowl with cling film), and chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour, ideally overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat mini madeleine pan with butter and dust with flour, tapping out any excess. Pipe or spoon (it doesn’t affect the shape of the madeleine) the batter into the pan, filling 2/3 of each madeleine well. Bake for 5 minutes (about 8-10 minutes when using a full-sized madeleine pan), until edges are browned slightly and spring back when pressed lightly.
- Tap to release the madeleines. Dust with icing sugar. Serve warm.
- Category: Desserts
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: madeleines, lemon poppy seed madeleines, lemon madeleines, madelines recipe, mini madeleines