A recipe for fantastically fluffy and marvelously moist lemon mascarpone pancakes. An elegant twist to the classic pancake breakfast.
- Sifting all the dry ingredients together (flour, 2tbsp sugar, baking powder, and salt). Add the lemon zest and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, add milk, mascarpone, oil, and vanilla extract. Whisk together to combine. Add mixture to the dry ingredients mixture, and whisk till mostly combined.
- Whisk your egg white separately to form stiff peaks. Add this to the batter, and fold gently to incorporate.
- Optional: Allow the batter to sit at room temperature for 20-30 minutes.
- Prepare Compote: In a small pot, combine 3tbsp water, 1tbsp sugar, and mixed berries. Bring the mixture to a slow simmer, occasionally stirring to help breakdown the berries and reduce the mixture. Add 1tbsp balsamic vinegar. Stir, and let the compote cook till desired consistency is achieved.
- Heat a non-stick pan (ideally, a heavy-bottomed one for a more even distribution of heat) over a medium heat and coat it with oil. Using a ¼ cup measure to drop dollops of batter into the pan
- Cook until the bottom is golden brown and there are a few bubbles forming through the top. Flip and repeat. Adjust the heat as necessary. Serve with the compote.
- Category: Breakfast & Brunch
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Lemon Mascarpone Pancakes, Mascarpone Pancakes, Lemon Mascarpone Flapjacks, Fluffy Lemon Pancakes, Lemon Pancakes