If you’ve ever wondered how to make dulce de leche at home, this recipe is an easy, accessible method using condensed milk.
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Remove any labels or paper from the can. And place in a large pot of water, completely submerged.
- Bring water to a boil. Reduce heat and leave to simmer for 2-3 hours (depending on how much caramelisation you desire).
- Enjoy your homemade Dulce de Leche!
- I like to leave the can on its side so it doesn’t rattle around.
- Make sure the can stays completely submerged, add water as necessary.
- Please be careful. Don’t open the can while it’s still hot!
- Store in an airtight container for up to a month.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Caramelisation
- Cuisine: Argentinian
Keywords: How to Make Dulce de Leche, homemade dulce de leche, condensed milk dulce de leche, dulce de leche with condensed milk, dulce de leche