Honey madeleines are a sweet French treat that are quick and easy to make. They’re perfect for a light dessert, as an afternoon treat (alongside a cup of coffee), or as part of a sweet breakfast!
- 25g honey
- 75g sugar
- 125g beurre noisette
- 114g wheat flour, sifted
- 60g almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking soda
- In a mixing bowl, combine almond flour, sifted wheat flour, and sugar. This is your flour mixture. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer, whisk eggs and salt on medium-high speed, until foamy.
- Add honey, vanilla extract, lemon zest, and baking soda to the stand mixer bowl, and continue to whisk.
- Gradually add flour mixture to the bowl. Mix until you have a smooth batter.
- Gradually add beurre noisette to the bowl, continuing to whisk and form the madeleine batter.
- Transfer batter to a piping bag. Refrigerate for about 1 hour. Preheat oven to 395 degrees F.
- Pipe batter into madeleine mold, filling each cavity about almost full. Tap the mold gently on the counter to level the batter.
- Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes, or until the madeleines are golden brown and spring back when lightly touched.
- Remove the madeleine pan from the oven. Remove the madeleines from the mold and transfer them to a wire rack to cool. Enjoy!
Beurre noisette is brown butter. You can make it by heating butter in a saucepan until it turns golden brown and emits a nutty aroma. Just be careful not to overcook the butter at which point it’ll start to go black, and taste bitter/burnt.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: honey madeleines, madeleines, madeleines with honey