These healthy sweet potato pancakes are fluffy and full of flavour! Perfect for a healthier breakfast or brunch!
- 1 medium-sized sweet potato
- ½ cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 large egg
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- ¼ cup Greek yoghurt, unflavoured (fat-free is okay)
- Microwave the sweet potato for 5-8 minutes, or until soft. Allow it to cool slightly before removing the skin.
- Blend the oats until they resemble a powder. Set aside in a large bowl.
- Blend the sweet potato until smooth. Mix in the oats, egg, egg whites, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and Greek yoghurt to form sweet potato pancake batter.
- Scoop (using a ½ cup measure) the batter into a pan over medium-heat. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Flip gently, and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Do the same for the remaining batter. Serve up your pancakes, and add whatever toppings your heart desires!
- I’ve dressed my pancake with coconut-lime whipped cream, some raspberries, and maple syrup. I’ve included some basic instructions for this in the recipe post itself.
- Category: Breakfast & Brunch
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Sweet potato pancakes, Healthy sweet potato pancakes recipe, recipe for sweet potato pancakes, healthy pancake recipe