This (mildly) spicy Harissa Chicken and Lentils recipe takes 45 minutes to make, and the results are healthy, and filling. What’s more? It can all be made in one-pot!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 50g harissa paste
- 500g chicken thighs, skinless, boneless, and chopped
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 200g dried puy lentils
- 800g chopped tomatoes (2 x 400g cans)
- 1.2l chicken stock
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- In a large saucepan or pot, warm the oil over low heat, add and fry the chopped onion over low heat until softened, approximately 5-6 minutes. Add the crushed garlic glove and cook, stirring together, for about a minute more.
- Stir in the harissa paste, followed by the chopped chicken thighs. Cook until the chicken is browned. Add in the grated carrot, lentils, chopped tomatoes, and stock. Ensure that the stock completely immerses the chicken and lentils.
- Still on low-heat, cook the dish uncovered until the chicken has completely cooked through, and the lentils have absorbed the stock, approximately 35-45 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve it up any way you like!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: harissa chicken with lentils, harissa chicken lentils, harissa chicken,