Gulab Jamun French Toast fuses the East and the West to make a sweet, indulgent French toast recipe that’s sure to impress!
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- Pinch of salt
- 6 1-inch thick slices brioche bread
- Butter (unsalted), for brushing
Cardamom Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cardamon, ground
- 1lb gulab jamun (approximately 6 standard pieces), cut in halves and quarters
- Gulab jamun syrup (this is the syrup that the gulab jamun’s come in)
- 1/3 cup pistachios, chopped
Make the French toast
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cinnamon, cardamom, and salt.
- Dip each slice of bread into the mixture and set the soaked bread aside on a large tray or plate. (You want the bread soaked through, but not so wet that it starts to fall apart.)
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat and brush with butter. Add the eggy bread slices and cook until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side. Reduce the heat to low as needed to cook through without burning.
Make the cardamon whipped cream
Add the whipping cream, sugar, and ground cardamon to a large bowl. Using a stand mixer, or electric hand mixer, whisk together until stiff peak are formed, approximately 10 minutes. Set aside and refrigerate until needed.
Assemble the Gulab Jamun French Toast
- Mix some of the quartered gulab jamun pieces with the cardamon whipped cream.
- Layer the cooked French toast with 1-2 tablespoons of gulab jamun cream mix spread between each layer. Garnish the top of your French toast stack with a generous amount of cream, gulab jamun pieces, and some chopped pistachios. Drizzle the gulab jamun’s sugar syrup as the finishing touch!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: Gulab Jamun French Toast, French Toast recipe, Sweet french toast