This easy pot roast recipe results in tender, flavourful meat with the minimal amount of effort. Seriously! Most of the work is opening jars.
- 1 Beef Pot Roast
- 1 Jar Roasted Red Peppers
- 1 Can Artichoke Hearts, drained
- 1 Whole Onion, sliced
- 450g Beef Stock
- 3–4 cloves of Garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp Parsely, chopped
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Flour
- Salt, for seasoning
- Pepper, for seasoning
- (Optional): Served with Mushroom Pesto Pappardelle
- Pre-heat oven to 275 degrees F.
- In a large oven proof pot, throw in pot roast, roasted red peppers, artichokes, garlic, onion, beef stock. Ideally the meat should be fully submerged, but it’s okay if a little peeks out. Place the lid on the pot, and stick the pot in the oven for 4 hours.
- Remove the pot and check if the meat will fall apart easily when pulled with a fork. If not, put it back into the oven! (Your exact time will depend on your pot, your meat, and your oven. Cooking for this post I left the meat in the oven for just over 5 hours.)
- Remove vegetables and meat from the broth and place in separate containers, refrigerate overnight. Refrigerate the broth overnight too.
- The next day, skim the solidified fat off the top of the broth (throw this away, it’s gross). Mix flour with ½ cup of the broth. Set aside.
- And then bring the remaining broth to a boil over the stove, stir in the balsamic vinegar. Allow it to reduce by half. Gradually mix in the flour-broth mixture to thicken the broth to the consistency you like your gravy to be. (If it ever gets too thick or the flavour becomes too strong, add some water.)
- Serve it up!
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 4 Hours
- Category: Lunch & Dinner
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: Easy Pot Roast, Easy Pot Roast Recipe, Pot Roast recipe, pot roast,