An easy pancake recipe for beginners that gets made with no fuss and minimal worries!
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 ¼ cup milk, warmed
- 3 tbsp salted butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 tbsp granulated sugar
- Cold butter for cooking
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, warm salted butter and milk together. Stir occasionally until the butter is completely melted. Do not let the milk boil. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium sized bowl, sift together flour and baking powder. Transfer flour mixture to another bowl and sift the mixture again (I just place my sifter on top of the second bowl, and pour my mixture through). Add in sugar, beaten egg, and milk/butter mixture. Gently stir the mixture together until just combined. (It’s okay to have lumps in the mixture. Batter should look bubbly, slightly lumpy, with no or very little exposed flour).
- Place a slice of butter on hot griddle or nonstick skillet, and ladle in pancake batter and cook until golden brown on both sides, 2-3 minutes on each side. Top with your favorite topping and serve warm. Enjoy!
- I usually add a slice of butter between each pancake to give each one a crispy texture on the outside.
- The size of your ladle will determine how many pancakes you are able to make with this recipe.
- If you’re confident in how to do it, you can warm your milk and butter together in the microwave too.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Easy Pancakes, easy homemade pancakes, easy pancakes recipe, easy pancakes mix