Easy homemade granola recipe that’s cheap, healthy, and great way to start your day!
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 6 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup almonds, chopped
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup All-bran cereal
- 1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
- In a medium sized sauce pan warm oil, honey, brown sugar, water, and vanilla over low heat. Do not boil.
- Heat until sugar has dissolved, stirring occasionally. Set aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl mix together all the dry ingredients: old fashioned oats, coconut, wheat germ, chopped almonds, sunflower seeds, and bran.
- When honey mixture has cooled, beat whisk egg white until frothy (this should take 20-30 seconds of heavy hand whisking). Add egg white to honey mixture and stir.
- Pour honey mixture over dry ingredients and stir until incorporated.
- Spread granola on parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 45-55 minutes or until golden brown.
- Take granola out of the oven and do not stir or disturb until completely cooled (this is how you get that chunky granola!). Enjoy!
Pro Tip: Make the honey mixture first so you can prepare the other items while it’s cooling.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy granola, homemade granola, easy homemade granola, how to make granola