This Dutch Baby Pancake recipe is quick, easy, and delicious; with a custardy-almost-flan-like centre and a crisp exterior. You HAVE to try this!
- 3 Large Eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 cup Milk, room temperature
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp White Sugar
- A pinch of Salt
- 3 tbsp Butter
- Icing Sugar, for dusting
- Lemon Juice, to drizzle
- Blend eggs, milk, flour, vanilla extract, sugar, and salt together until smooth. 1-3 minutes. (You can mix them manually if you really want to.)
- Let blended batter rest for 15-25 minutes. (This allows the flour to absorb the liquid)
- Melt butter in your hot pan (I used a 7-inch cast iron pan, but any nonstick baking-ready pan/dish will work). Pour batter into centre of pan; give it a gentle swirl to make sure it spreads evenly. Place pan in the oven.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.
- Dust with Icing Sugar; drizzle over lemon juice. (I threw in a quenelle of ice cream and some sliced strawberries. Yolo.)
Check out the Dutch Baby Pancake tips section above for everything you need to know!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Breakfast & Brunch
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Dutch Baby Pancake, Dutch Baby recipe, Dutch Baby Pancake Recipes, German Pancake, German Pancake recipes,