This Dulce de Leche Lava Cake is a deliciously molten chocolate and dulce de leche cake with a creamy, chocolate caramel-like center that looks like it was crafted at a 5 star restaurant!
To prepare the ramekins
- 2 tbsp Butter, melted
- 2 tbsp Flour
For the lava cakes
- 400g Dulce de Leche
- 100g Unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Egg yolk
- 2 Large eggs
- 40g All-purpose flour
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Prepare 4 ramekins by coating the sides with melted butter (and a optional sprinkle of flour), this will prevent the cooked lava cake from sticking to the ramekin.
- In a bowl, mix eggs, yolk and flour until creamy.
- In a bigger bowl, combine the dulce de leche and melted butter and stir until well incorporated.
- Add the egg and flour mixture to the dulce de leche mixture and mix well.
- Divide the batter in the ramekins and bake for 12 minutes, until the sides are set but the centers still wobble a little. Let them cool for 10 minutes and carefully flip them over on to a plate using a kitchen towel.
- Top with powdered sugar, or whatever your heart desires. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: dulce de leche lava cakes, molten lava cake, chocolate lava cake, molten chocolate cake