This Dark Chocolate Pudding is going to be your go-to recipe. There’s a reason it’s a classic! The dark chocolate flavour is rich but balanced.
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup superfine sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 oz dark chocolate, finely grated or chopped
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- Crème fraîche to serve
- Pinch of Espelette pepper (optional topping)
- Combine the cornstarch, sugar, milk, and cream in a small pot. Place the pan over medium heat and whisk continuously until the milk mixture has thickened, about 4 minutes.
- As soon as the mixture starts to bubble, remove it from the heating element, and whisk in the chocolate and butter until smooth and incorporated.
- Serve the pudding in ramekins or glasses with a dollop of creme fraiche or whipped cream (and with an optional sprinkle of Espelette pepper). If you’re not a fan of hot pudding, and prefer your pudding chilled, refrigerate your puddings in ramekins for 3 hours. Serve!
- Use the best quality chocolate available to you.
- Chop the chocolate finely to avoid there being lumps in your chocolate pudding.
- If you don’t want to use Espelette pepper, you can also sprinkle a little unsweetened cocoa powder over your finished pudding.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: dark chocolate pudding, chocolate pudding,