This creamy pumpkin risotto recipe is that it results in a creamy, savory dish always has me craving for seconds.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- A handful of fresh sage leaves
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 100g pumpkin, chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup risotto rice
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil over medium heat and fry a handful of sage leaves until they’re crispy. Set aside for later.
- In the same pan, melt butter over low-medium heat and add chopped onion. Allow the onions to cook until translucent.
- Add minced garlic and chopped pumpkin. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the risotto rice and mix well.
- Keep adding stock, a ladleful at a time, and stir. Wait for the rice to soak up all the stock before adding more. Keep doing this for 15-20 minutes until the rice is al dente.
- Add and mix freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Serve hot and garnish with fried sage leaves and grated parmesan.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: pumpkin risotto, creamy pumpkin risotto