This Cottage Cheese Cheesecake likes to stand out. It’s healthier than a regular cheesecake, but it looks and tastes just as good!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a 9-inch cake pan with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, cottage cheese, sugar, and honey together until smooth.
- Begin to whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and just before it looks totally combined, add in the melted butter and whisk to form a slightly lumpy, but combined, batter.
- Pour the batter into your prepared cake pan. Sprinkle a little sugar over the batter.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the cake is browned on top, shiny, and no longer jiggly in the center. The cake should appear puffed around the edges, and spring back lightly when pressed.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing. (Optionally: refrigerate once the cake reaches room temperature.) Enjoy!
When mixing the batter together, you may notice some cheese curds floating around. This is normal. Don’t worry!
I serve this with a strawberry compote, but it can just as easily be served as is, with a dollop of whipped cream, or a drizzle of honey for extra sweetness.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cottage cheese cheesecake, cottage cheesecake, cottage cheese cake