Chocolate-frosted almond brownies – a combination cocoa powder, espresso, dark chocolate, with some toasted almonds thrown in for a bit of crunch. This is a recipe you’re going to love. It’s one I hope you make over and over, and over (!) again. (And you can, because it’s easy. And doesn’t take long at all.)
I’m super excited to share this recipe for Chocolate-Frosted Almond Brownies with you, bestie. This post is sponsored by Real Layers Baking Company. Real Layers create delicious ready-to-spread buttercream frostings, which save you (and in this case, me!) a lot of hassle. The frostings use 100% real butter, are gluten-free, and use no artificial flavours or preservatives. For this recipe, I’m using the Real Layers Chocolate Frosting, but they also have Vanilla and Maple flavours in case you want to mix it up a little bit!
Who doesn’t love brownies?
Brownies are probably the first thing most of us learn to bake as children – they’re easy, they’re delicious, and you can dress them up (or down) any way you really want to. Birthday cake sprinkles? Go for it. Chocolate frosting? It’s a classic. Maple-infused-almond-butter-nougat? Well, okay…that one’ s a bit more work. But you see what I’m saying…brownie recipes are something you can really make your own. And more than that, brownie recipes hold a special place on this blog.
You see, back in early-2015, I didn’t have a blog. I had never even considered writing one. But after attending a few potlucks, people kept asking me to share my recipe for Chocolate Chip Brownies. And that’s basically how Chocolates & Chai got started, I needed a convenient way to share a few recipes with friends and family located all over the globe.
For those of you that are outside of Canada and may not have access to Real Layers’ frostings, don’t worry. I’ve got you covered too. You can use this homemade Whipped Cocoa Buttercream recipe to top your brownie. You can also just make the brownies without any frosting, it’ll still be super delicious. (Or you can just melt chocolate all over the top of the brownie. Because, chocolate.)
As always, please do comment below, and let me know your thoughts. Share this post, because everyone deserves some delicious chocolate frosted brownies this weekend. And follow me on all the social medias – Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter.
Disclosure: This post contains sponsored content from Real Layers Baking Company. Opinions expressed are my own.Print
This Chocolate-Frosted Almond Brownies recipe uses dark chocolate for a deep flavour and toasted almonds for the perfect crunch. Quick and easy to make!
- 2/3 cup almonds
- 4 ounces Dark Chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- ¾ cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp Espresso Powder (regular instant coffee works fine!)
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 Large eggs
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- ½ cup Real Layers Chocolate Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Toast almonds on a baking sheet, tossing halfway through, until golden brown, 8–10 minutes. Let cool, then coarsely chop; set aside.
- Melt together chocolate, butter, and cocoa powder (in a heatproof bowl set over a medium saucepan of barely simmering water), stirring occasionally, until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Stir in espresso powder and pure vanilla extract. Let cool.
- Set oven temperature to 375° F.
- Line an 9-inch baking dish with parchment paper (leave an overhang on 2 sides). Butter parchment paper.
- Whisk eggs and salt together. Add sugar in 3 batches and continue to whisk vigorously until very thick. Pour in cooled chocolate mixture, and mix in gently. Gently fold in flour and almonds (save a large handful to top your brownies with!) until no streaks remain.
- Spread batter into prepared baking dish, For fudgier brownies, bake until edges have puffed but the centre is still slightly wobbly, 22–25 minutes. For cakier brownies, bake until edges have puffed and centre is set, 25–30 minutes. Let to cool slightly, and then spread on chocolate frosting, allowing the frosting to melt. Top with toasted almonds.
- Remove from baking tray, and cut into whatever size portions your lovely heart desires.
If you don’t have access to chocolate frosting, this recipe can be made without any frosting at all! It will still taste delicious.
Keywords: Chocolate Frosted Brownies, Almond brownies, brownies recipe, chocolate frosted almond brownies, best brownies, real layers gourmet frosting, real layers frosting