This decadent Chocolate Croissant Bread Pudding is the perfect sweet brunch. The flaky croissants melt in your mouth, while the melted chocolate and custard add a delicious burst of flavour. And for those of you in colder climates, this is a dish best served warm. Bonus!
- 3 Large Eggs
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 3 1/3 cups of half and half
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 Croissants, slightly stale, sliced open
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together the eggs, yolks, half and half, sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Place the bottom half of the croissants (you can tear them, if necessary) in a single layer at the bottom of a baking dish. Spread the chocolate chips evenly on top. Place tops of the croissants to create top layer.
- Pour custard over the croissants, and gently push down on the croissant tops to submerge. Let sit for 10-20 minutes.
- Cover with foil, and bake in a water bath for 30 minutes. Remove foil, bake for an additional 30-45 minutes.
- Serve warm. A little ice cream on the side is lovely, but not necessary.
I didn’t have a dish large enough to use as a water bath, so I simply put a large dish of water in the tray below my bread pudding. Sometimes you just have to wing it and hope for the best, right?
You may also want to butter the sides of your baking dish to make sure the final dish doesn’t stick to the sides.
- Category: Breakfast & Brunch
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: Chocolate croissant bread pudding, chocolate-croissant bread pudding, bread pudding, chocolate bread pudding, Chocolate Croissant French Toast, Croissant French Toast, Chocolate French Toast, Chocolate-Croissant French Toast, Chocolate Croissant French Toast recipe