This Chocolate-Covered Raspberry Cheesecake recipe is to die for! Delicious – baked to perfection, filled with yummy raspberries, and covered in chocolate ganache.
- 1.5 cups Digestive Biscuits, crushed
- 6 tbsp Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1/4 cup White Sugar
- 550g Cream Cheese
- 3/4 cups + 1 tbsp White Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 170g Raspberries
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- Butter, for greasing
- Dark Chocolate, 1 cup
- Butter, 1/4 cup
- Whipping Cream, 1/4 cup
- A pinch of Salt
- Preheat the oven to 355 degrees F, and butter a 9-inch cake tin.
- Mix the crushed digestive biscuits, melted butter, and sugar. Spread around the bottom of your cake tin. Press down to form a level and tightly packed crust.
- Bake for 7–8 minutes.
- Whisk cream cheese together with sugar until completely incorporated. Add vanilla extract, flour, and lemon zest; mix until smooth. Mix in beaten eggs one by one until barely incorporated. Delicately fold in the raspberries.
- Spoon the mixture over the pre-baked crust (keep it in the same cake tin). Tap the bottom of the pan against a flat surface to remove any air bubbles (and to help the raspberries rise up from the bottom). Bake in a bain-marie (optional) for about 35 minutes, or until the edges are set but the middle wobbles slightly.
- Cool to room temperature. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours, ideally overnight.
- Melt the chocolate and butter over a double boiler (or in a microwave if you’re feeling bold). Mix in cream and salt.
- Cool slightly before spreading over the refrigerated cheesecake. Be careful not to pour all the chocolate straight onto the centre of the cheesecake — the weight may cause your cake to sink!
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate covered raspberry cheesecake, chocolate raspberry cheesecake, raspberry cheesecake, chocolate cheesecake,